A leading supplier of technical productions to events, conferences and product launches now have a permanent vacancy for an experienced, warehouse operative to join their busy team.
Working as part of the successful warehouse team, you will be expected to ensure high quality testing, preparing and correct packaging of all equipment managed by the warehouse. The role will involve working closely with the other members of the prep team and wider warehouse operation.
In particular you will be required to work collaboratively alongside and provide support to the Warehouse & Operations team.
What are they offering?
* Full-Time, permanent role
* £18,500 per annum
* A 40-hour week working Monday to Friday in a shift pattern. The hours of work are 07.00-16.00 and 12.00-21.00. This will be on two-week rotation (with one-hour unpaid lunch). There is also a call-out / weekend rota.
* 25 days Holiday (plus Bank & Public Statutory Holidays)
What are they asking for?
Previous experience of working within a warehouse environment, ideally within a technical environment would be ideal but is not essential however, you must possess a good eye for attention to detail, possess good numeracy and writing skills (as you will be required to complete forms in relation to the orders being processed as well as using a PC regularly).
It would be great if you have experience of (however this is not essential) of using a Pump Pallet Truck (PPT) or Forklift Truck (FLT).
Key Activities & Responsibilities:
Functionality testing of equipment such as:
* Monitors and Plasma/LED screens
* Cameras and Portable Production Units
* Video/Data switchers & Distribution
* Playback devices
* Desks (Digital and Analogue)
* Radio & Wired Microphones
* Motorola radios
* Lanterns (Moving/ LED & Analogue)
* Mains Distribution
* Control Desks
* Prepare & maintain cable
* PAT tests electrical equipment
* Monitor and quality control on the wear and tear of equipment and cables
* Accurately loading and unloading equipment
* Ensure equipment is correctly stored away
* General upkeep and cleaning of the lighting prep area
* Perform all duties with the utmost integrity, adhering to our ‘Always Honest’ policy
* Demonstrate commitment to the core values of the company.
* Take an active role in the Company’s sustainability initiative and ensure where possible your actions support the achievement of this initiative; reuse, recycle and replenish.
* Ensure compliance with all health and safety, corporate, client and legislative standards across the function
Warehouse; Operatives; Audio & Visual: Permanent; Picking; Packing; Technical
Palmer McCarthy is a specialist recruiter to the Security, Facilities and Property Management and Logistics sectors and acts as an agency on behalf of their client re this vacancy.
If you have previously spoken to one of the Palmer McCarthy team please feel free to contact directly rather than applying again