Injection Moulding Machine Setters
Salary in the region of £30,000 - £32,000/annum
Location: Morley, Leeds
Skillection are currently working with their well established FMCG Manufacturing client based in Morley Leeds. We are seeking skilled injection mould machine setters to join this fast paced and dynamic business.
Purpose of the role
The Setter’s responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Assist the shift with operating the injection moulding machines, ancillaries and automated assembly machines.
• Ensure machinery is safe, checked in accordance with maintenance logs and repaired either permanently or temporarily in conjunction with the Maintenance Department.
• To conform to client's culture and employee practice.
These responsibilities may be modified or changed at any time depending on the business needs.
• Plastic injection moulding tool setting/tool changes to conform with client's safe working practices and procedures.
• Modify processes to achieve maximum production rates and quality standards.
• Compliance with all Health & Safety legislation and relevant industry methods, procedures, good practices etc.
• Liaise with the Shift Leader, Planning, the Quality Department, the Toolroom, Maintenance, other team members and other shifts regarding tool changes, settings, operating procedures and general running requirements.
• Perform tool changes/setting and the application of ancillaries in line with production requirements.
• Provide/suggest improvements in relation to safety, efficiency and good working practices in the factory
• Attend meetings and communicate effectively with all departments.
• Effect safe interim repairs in the absence of Maintenance and the Toolroom.
• Maintain a safe, healthy, clean and tidy environment for yourself and others.
• Comply with Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, environmental requirements etc.
• Complete training when required.
• Perform any other reasonable task required by the Team Leader, senior managers or directors.
• Work with your departmental manager and team members to identify, implement and drive actions for continuous improvement.
• Utilise LEAN skills and techniques, for example, 5S, Visual Management, Kanban, Kaizen.
Health, Safety, welfare and Environment
• For self and others, ensure compliance to all relevant Health, Safety, Welfare and Environmental regulations, legislation and Company requirements at all times and without exception and Zero Harm Process.
Qualifications and Other skills
• Trained to the equivalent of Modules 1, 2 & 3 and Hot Runner Systems by G&A/RJG, including up to date machinery control systems.
• Considerable experience on injection moulding/tool-setting experience with a recognised company.
• Adequate experience of ancillaries such as material feed systems, masterbatch dosing, chillers, mould heaters, pick and place robotic systems, granulators, conveyors etc.
• Experience of running automatic assembly lines would be an advantage.
• The applicant ideally would have experience in a manufacturing environment and have the ability to work in a high-pressure site.
• Must be able to work effectively, communicate with others and be willing to work as a part of a team
• Plastics raw material knowledge (handling, processing etc.)
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a dynamic business. If you have past previous experience, please apply via the online instructions or contact Helen for more info (Apply online only). Good Luck