Cloud Support Engineer - Iaas and Paas
We are looking to recruit several Advanced Support Engineer to join a brand new team supporting a premium new UK Government Cloud Iaas and PaaS Support service.
This role can be based out of any Oracle UK office and remotely working is possible for up to 50% pf the time.
This role requires skills from a blend of traditional infrastructure technologies, Cloud IaaS and PaaS offerings.
The team’s main responsibility is to troubleshoot highly complex technical issues related to the Iaas Cloud and within areas, Storage, Networking, and Operating Systems and Security.
As an Advanced Support Engineer you should have good hands on experience on UNIX, Linux and/or Solaris platforms. An ASE is expected to work in partnership with customers, other support engineers and developers to deliver a superior ownership experience to the customer. You will then have opportunities to become an Expert / Guru in cloud technologies.
You are expected to be a key member of the technical problem solving as well as problem avoidance team, routinely sought after to address extremely complex, critical customer issues.
In this job you will be expected to work additional out of hours, providing on-call support during evenings, weekends and public holidays on a rota system, for an on-call allowance.
The main role of an Advanced Support Engineer is to troubleshoot highly complex technical problems (Cloud Iaas offerings) requiring high level of technical expertise.
• Understanding and practical experience with IaaS categories of Cloud computing.
• Works directly with customers
• Participates in weekend rotation and shifts
• Participates in initiatives that improve overall product and documentation quality
• Participates in product/platform testing
• Serves as Situation Manager on highly sensitive Customer issues
• Consults with Management in directing resolution of critical Customer situations
• Consults with Customers on complex use of Oracle products
• Achieves knowledge transfer through development and delivery of training, knowledge sessions, mentoring etc
• Creation/Review of Knowledge Articles
• Contribute significantly towards the “My Oracle Support” Database communities
• Proactively contribute to increasing the team efficiency by sharing knowledge, providing feedback about best practices, writing tools / utilities
• Technical degree BS/BA in Computer Science or related
• Greater than 5 years of industry experience
We are looking for a core technical person, who has hands-on OS and networking experience on UNIX/Linux and worked in Support.
• General UNIX/Linux concepts & Administration
• Operating System and Infrastructure experience with Linux, Windows 7, Unix, and RedHat
• Need strong Linux skills, should know how to perform commands on the command line
• Managing Kernel Parameters, Partitioning and File systems
• Virtualization support and architectural experience.
You should also have one or several of the skills below.
• Database/Systems (IaaS)
• DBaaS and IaaS
• PaaS Middleware (Java Cloud Service (JCS) / Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) / Identity Management Cloud Service (IDCS)
• Business Intelligence Cloud Service (BICS) / Oracle Analytics Cloud Service (OAC) / Hyperion Cloud
• In addition UK Government Security Clearance (or willingness to be security cleared). You should also be a UK based Resident for more than 5 years
• Self driven and result oriented
• Demonstrate excellent diplomacy, negotiation and collaboration abilities.
• Strong Problem solving/analytical skills
• Strong customer support and client relation skills
• Effective communication (verbal & written)
• Focus on relationships (internal & external)
Strong willingness to learn new things and share them with others
• Customer focused
• Coaching/knowledge transfer Ability
• Ability to write technical Bulletins
• Reports to the UK PaaS Support Manager