Payroll Plus Company Limited is a start-up company which provides online payroll services in Kenya. We support small businesses in Kenya with our payroll service and save time for growing companies who need to spend more time generating revenue than prepare payroll and reduce payroll errors to nil.
We are looking for an outstanding Junior Developer to be responsible for the coding, innovative design and layout of our website, dedicated to the craft, writes code that they are proud of and can hit the ground running.
Junior Developer Job Duties
Junior developer responsibilities include building our website from concept all the way to completion from the bottom up, fashioning everything from the home page to site layout and function.You will be a part of a creative team that is responsible for all aspects of the ongoing software development from the initial specification, through to developing, testing and launching.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices.
- Create website layout/user interface by using standard HTML/CSS practices.
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases.
- Troubleshoot, test and maintain the core product software and databases to ensure strong optimization and functionality.
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs.
- Create and maintain software documentation.
- Be responsibile for maintaining, expanding, and scaling our site.
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities.
- Cooperate with web designers to match visual design intent.
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Follow industry best practices.
- Develop and deploy new features to facilitate related procedures and tools if necessary.
- Proven working experience in web programming.
- Top-notch programming skills and in-depth knowledge of modern HTML, CSS and PHP
- Good knowledge of relational databases, version control tools and of developing web services.
- Adequate knowledge of relational database systems, Object Oriented Programming and web application development.
- Hands-on experience with network diagnostics, network analytics tools.
- Basic knowledge of Search Engine Optimization process.
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets with business acumen.
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques.
- BS in computer science or a related field or acquired proven code writing.
- Understanding of open source projects like Joomla, Drupal, osCommerce, etc
- Experience in common third-party APIs (Google, Facebook, Pesapal, etc)
- Passion for best design and coding practices and a desire to develop new bold ideas.