An experienced Learning Support Assistant is currently needed to work with a boy in Year 6 who has been diagnosed with Dyslexia and challenging behaviour.
Our client is a bigger than average primary school in the London Borugh of Brent and they are on a hunt for a Learning Support Assistant who has extensive experience of working with children with different learning abilities and behaviour difficulties. This is a full-time long term role that starts as soon as possible and will continue until the end of the academic year, with a possibility of eventually becoming permanent.
The school are looking for a passionate, enthusiastic and hard-working individual who has the interpersonal skills needed to effectively communicate with staff and students. You will have to be extremely organised and adaptable in order to write reports, move around the school when necessary, attend trainings and meetings, and liaise with the class teacher, SENCO and parents to update them on the progress of the child. You will also need to have an in-depth knowledge of the British National Primary Curriculum.
- Team Teach training or equivalent
- First Aid Certificate
- A minimum of 6 months in a classroom environment in the UK
- Good knowledge of EYFS/KS1/KS2 British National Curriculum
- Experience working with children with SEN and/or EAL
- The ability to adapt and prepare resources to suit the needs of the child
- Strong behaviour management
- A UK DBS or willing to undertake one
- 2 excellent references
Though not compulsory, training in Team Teach would be a massive bonus!
In return we offer you:
• Competitive rates of (weekly) pay
• Professional support from our team of experienced consultants
• Social nights out with the rest of Protocol staff
• A wide variety of positions, both day to day and long-term
• £250 Referral Bonus for each teacher you refer to us.*
*they must work for at least 20 days for Protocol in order to claim the Bonus.
If you feel this description matches your personality and experience, please contact Kate on (Apply online only) or apply online at (url removed).
Please note: We undertake safeguarding checks on all our workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance 'Keeping Children Safe in Education'. As part of these checks, we require a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure for everyone working in schools. If you do not have a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service, we will require you to complete a new DBS application as part of the registration process, at a cost of £44.00