Freight Operations Executive – AirFreight Exports
Job Title: Freight Operations Executive – AirFreight Exports
Responsible to: UK International Freight Manager
Responsible for: AirFreight
Main Location: Manchester MIOC, but the postholder may be required to visit other sites as appropriate for the satisfactory performance of their duties and responsibilities.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Create and issue quotations to prospects, customers, overseas offices in line with the operational SOP.
2. Follow up issued quotations
3. Booking shipments with airlines.
4. Negotiate rates.
5. Arrange collections with the transport department or sub-contractors
6. Booking of shipments into FTS
7. Handling customer enquiries
8. Dealing with SRN’s from overseas offices
9. Preparation of customs entries via Impatex system
10. Prepare, control & distribute all required export documentation to counterparts complying with regulations & internal procedures
11. Maintain excellent relationships with internal & external customers
12. Follow up shipment status, identify incidents & ensure resolution of incidents
1. In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the postholder may be required to perform other duties assigned by the Company from time to time. Subject to adequate experience and/or training.
2. To participate in the annual performance appraisal and objective setting scheme.
3. To work in accordance with all company policies including Health and Safety, Employment, Staff, Quality and Environmental.
4. It is important that during the employment with the Company and any time thereafter, that any information relating to the affairs of the Company is treated with the highest level of confidentiality.
5. To have a detailed knowledge of and apply the Depot’s Business Plan in all aspects of development.
6. To be active in the Account Management Program and support the Business Development Team
Benefits: good benefits