Software Controls Principal Engineer - EV and Hybrid – Permanent – Warwickshire - £ Competitive
Our client is a global provider of pioneering engineering, research and test services to the automotive sector. They are seeking a Software Controls Principal Engineer to help shape the EV and Hybrid vehicles of the future.
What you will do
As Principal Software Controls Principal Engineer - EV and Hybrid
* Advanced software simulation and modelling of electric vehicle propulsion systems, including
* hybrid control and battery management (BMS) strategies
* Making significant contributions to the business strategy in relation to future automotive trends
* Automotive strategy development through prototype modelling, utilising Matlab / Simulink /Stateflow
* Delivering technical assistance and proposal content into the business development team in
* support of proposals and new business development
* Developing safety related control systems utilising ISO26262 methodologies
* Supporting the generation of system and software level requirements
* Producing technical documentation, reports and specifications to support project needs
What you will need
* Relevant engineering degree with a minimum of 2:1 or comparable qualification with relevant experience.
* Matlab/Simulink/Stateflow skills for development of software control strategies and plant models
* Demonstrable experience in working to full software V-Cycle.
* Working with requirements and contributing to requirements capture at system and software level.
* Producing documentation to a high standard (e.g. design, analysis, results)
* Specific exposure to automotive functional safety (ISO26262).
* In depth technical knowledge of at least some elements of electric/ hybrid vehicle powertrains.
* State of the art technology awareness –where the market is heading and how this can be fed into the business strategy.
* Proficiency in C programming.
* Broad understanding of Electrical and Electronic systems.
* Understanding of vehicle network protocols (CAN, LIN)
* Working with configuration management systems
What you will get
* An excellent salary, flexible working & benefits.
* Career progression.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply now