Randstad Engineering are currently looking for a Machinist to work for a multi site, world wide client in Newport. The role is on an initial 12 month contract and paying an hourly rate of £13.43 per hour. This role will be working on a day shift so there is no shift allowance.
HOURLY RATE: £13.43 per hour
HOURS: 40 per week on a day shift
Machinists within the workshops will perform the duties of a time served machinist. They will machine components to engineering drawings and plant equipment from works area and ensure all tolerances and specifications are met and work to ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
* You must be able to understand engineering drawings in order to machine items to required tolerances. With the ability to check and measure own work and work to all ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 criteria
* To ensure all activities comply with safety requirements and bring any quality and safety issues to the Leading Hand if it is not possible to take immediate corrective action.
* To undertake any activities as instructed by the Leading Hand or other members of the Management Team provided it is safe to do so.
* Utilise Fork lift truck driving, slinging/rigging and operation of overhead cranes if licensed to complete work movements in a safe organised manner
* To feedback all information relating to work undertaken to Leading Hand and complete relevant Q.A documentation.
* Have daily interaction with Team Members on the same team.
* Working together to achieve targets and goals.
* To continually update the Service Engineer/Leading Hand and fully engage with any team input required to help with the repair/manufacture of required items to the required QA standards.
* To work to a high standard using measuring equipment and machine shop machinery that is in compliance and to perform under pressure as and when required.
* Attention to safe working practices is essential as the company operates a Zero Compromise towards Safety and must be pro-active in achieving all safety goals.
* To assist and carry out where appropriate, the failure analyses and implement practical cost effective solutions.
* To actively participate in solutions generated via problem solving activity with a wide range of other personnel as appropriate.
* To work alongside contract or agency labour as appropriate and in so doing set the standard and direction for the work to be done.
* To ensure that the appropriate level and quality of spares requirement is identified and arrangements are in place to satisfy operational demands.
* To help coach others, including shift teams and contractor personnel, in order to install high standards and develop engineering skills in others for overall business benefit.
* To work in a totally flexible manner to support and participate in all team activities aimed at achieving manufacturing and product quality targets.
Qualifications & Experience
* The candidate must be time served machinist and have adequate relevant plant experience in a steel and construction related industry.
* He/she must have good communications skills.
* The candidate must be able to work as part of a multi-disciplined team.
* He/she must possess good risk awareness when planning and undertaking tasks, and be able to challenge those who do not.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business