We have a brand-new position for a talented Equipment Support Engineer / Process Engineer to join an exciting and expanding high-tech company, based just outside Cambridge. The Equipment Engineer position will see you involved in final build, test, running and installation of highly complex and often ‘one-off’ instrumentation. This will involve working both at the company site near Cambridge and occasionally on customer sites all over the World. Ideally you will have experience in machine build, test and installation through working as an Equipment Support Engineer / Field Service Engineer / Process Engineer or Test & Installation Engineer for a manufacturer of complex special purpose machinery or scientific instruments. Experience working in the Semiconductor market would be a beneficial but not critical. This role will require occasional international travel for equipment installation projects -typically 15% travel for up to two weeks at a time.
In return you can expect an excellent salary and benefits package, superb stimulating working environment and committed company training and development program.
Responsibilities of Equipment Support Engineer
* Equipment & process demonstration including production of samples at factory for customers.
* Final assembly and test of instrumentation -both standard and bespoke systems at factory
* Installation of commissioning of Instrumentation at customer sites Worldwide including Far East and USA
* Feedback to development team on performance to ensure continuous improvement of the products.
Requirements of Equipment Support Engineer
* Engineering degree or HNC/HND in an Electrical / Mechanical discipline or equivalent qualification/experience
* Practical background with direct experience in the following fields:
* Vacuum & Pneumatic processes
* Electrical engineering
* Gas installation and safety
* Microsoft Office capable (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
* Knowledge of material science would be beneficial
* Experience in a customer facing role is preferred
* Professional registration with a relevant Engineering body encouraged and preferred
Working Conditions / Environment:
* International travel for periods of circa 2-3 weeks at any one time for 15% of the time is required
* Normal day shift role, although flexibility may be required to help meet project deadlines.
Location: Cambridgeshire (Commutable from: Cambridge, Bedford, Huntingdon, St Neots, Peterborough, , etc)
Salary: £35k - £45k + Expenses + Travel Allowance + Bens