Senior Learning and Development Advisor - CIPD
A Senior Learning and Development Advisor with CIPD or equivalent is required to work on a permanent basis for our Defence client based in Basildon or Southampton.
This is a position working for the biggest suppliers of defence equipment to the UK MoD.
Overview of the Senior Learning and Development Advisor role
The role is part of the Learning and Development team, responsible for the effective provision of L&D services to specified sections of the business and contributing to the support of the HR Strategy to deliver business value. Responsible for managing a full end-to-end process in a customer-facing environment.
Responsibilities of the Senior Learning and Development Advisor role
* Understand customer business and develop close partner relationships with key stakeholders at all levels.
* Understand specific business targets and recommend L&D activities to support the achievement of the goals, including interventions relevant to the Senior Leadership teams including leading in international programmes.
* Work with the customer and support the training needs analysis process through top down and bottom up PDR requirements in order to formulate and report against delivery of effective training plans for a business site, function or sector.
* Capture solution specifications as required and outline design and delivery plan(s) (including tender process for an external supplier) aligned to strategic priorities and budgets.
* Manage outsourced elements of service as per contract conditions.
* Source solutions through agent and act as project manager for supplier bids and support the customer during supplier selection and the management of delivery, quality and programme evaluation including ROI calculations.
* Ensure clear linkage between HR & L&D actions to support business outcomes.
* Bring fresh perspective on the outside world through information management to challenge current working practices leading to added business value.
* Manage, mitigate and ensure adequate measures and controls are in place for all L&D risks related to people and organisation interventions.
* Support L&D policy and process compliance across all customer groups, including external benchmarking.
* Describe and justify L&D contribution to business strategy and results in such a way that senior stakeholders would agree and recognise.
* Conduct business impact assessments to assess "as-is" processes and systems and structures to the "to-be" processes, systems and structures and facilitate recommendations to support stakeholders.
* Work with HR Team, L&D function groups (Talent Mgt & International Programmes, Change Management, External funding and Italy/UK) to lead and deliver integrated people solutions to meet organisational needs.
* Evidence and experience of updating process and policy for the function and other associated areas.
Key skills required for the Senior Learning and Development Advisor
* Significant experience of training and development in a high paced environment
* Acted as a consultant and facilitating/challenging operating practices to improve performance
* Experience in negotiating complex tasks requiring political sensitivity and involvement in democratic process
* Full CIPD member or equivalent
* Evidence of further self /professional development
* Evidence of further professional qualifications appropriate to HR/L&D
* Ability to build and manage effective relationships at senior levels across complex client base
* Self-motivated and energetic with personal credibility and professional confidence
* Strong influencing and coaching abilities
* Experience in the development and delivery of learning solutions
* Use Analytical Skills to interpret business information and turn into L&D plans
* Full membership of CIPD
* Evidence of effective and efficient organisational skills
* Principles and practices of L&D.
The role is based Basildon, Essex or Southampton, Hampshire.
If you are a Senior Learning and Development Advisor looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other L&D opportunities please contact Paul Scott on (url removed) or phone (Apply online only)
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country’s largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client’s and candidate’s needs.
Our Manchester office (which covers the whole of the UK) provides a “one-stop shop” to clients and candidates operating in the engineering and manufacturing sectors and, in addition to Engineers, we source and provide temporary/contract and permanent opportunities for IT, Programme Management and Support Professionals (including Procurement / Purchasing / Supply Chain, HR, Finance and Administrative Support).
Please visit our website (url removed)