Are you an experienced CNC Machinist looking for an exiting new opportunity with a leading Aerospace company?
Major Function of the job
Ideal candidates must be skilled machinist's who can carry out specific cell process', be able to carry out all the inspection criteria involved within that process.
1. To set, operate and perform specific manual and CNC machining processes to include: Mills, Lathes, Grinding, Honing, EDM’s, and Assembly.
2. Able to carry out all set ups on products that are routed through to the particular process.
3. Able to advice on the design of fixtures, programs and tools that apply to the specific process.
4. Trains and provides guidance to operators to mind machines and carry out inspection criteria’s.
5. To operate specific machines and carry out all the inspection criteria involved with these processes.
6. Ability to work using own initiative.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES or KEY RESULTS OF THE JOB
1. MBS skills / Intranet – as required.
2. Complete necessary quality audits to obtain self certification inspection stamp.
3. Works from approved documentation to include engineering drawings, inspection plans, shop documentation worksheets and other written instruction such as EEI’s, EI’s, EEP’s, EP’s, MEP’s etc.
4. Accurately records required data on relevant documentation.
5. Responsible for inspection of own work in line with Quality Audit procedure.
6. Work in and maintain a clean work environment.
7. Adopts lean principles in line with company principles
8. Standard Time achievement of at least 90% within 12 months.
9. Quality – to ensure all parts conform to relevant quality standard.
10. Works in a safe environment and in a safe manner.
11. Performs basic preventative maintenance activities on machinery in line with company policy.
12. Able to select correct inspection equipment on any development processes.
Needs to be able to recognise unusual conditions, errors in documentation, defective material and parts and take corrective action.
May be required to work at other sites for an agreed time.
Expected to participate in lean activities as team member.
Flexible enough to be given any appropriate task within manufacturing that fits skill level.
Able to plan entire operational sequence of work as required.
Flexible positive approach to shift patterns when requested.
Expected to work overtime when requested.
Expected to work in any area of manufacturing that fits skill level.
Reasonable standard of secondary education.
A recognised apprenticeship.
Previous experience of engineering / manufacturing role.
Able to work on own initiative or as part of a team.
Flexibility attitude to shift working patterns.
Good timekeeping and attendance record in line with company policy.
Has a positive attitude to Lean manufacturing tools and techniques including 5S.
Shifts - Rotating Days/Nights
Mon -Thurs 7.30am to 16.00pm
Fri 7.30am to 13.00pm
Mon to Thurs 19.30pm to 04.00am
Fri 15.00pm to 20.00pm
If this is the opportunity you have been looking for, please apply today!
Benefits: Shift premiums