LEAD UNDERWRITER – PERSONAL LINES – PERFORMANCE FOCUSED
Fantastic opportunity for an experienced personal lines underwriter to join one of the most trusted names in the UK insurance industry in a lead role, within a team who focus on portfolio performance. Working with a business where employees and customers are always at the core of their values and practices, you will be offered excellent opportunities to develop and progress your career, alongside a competitive salary and benefits package.
Working within the underwriting department of a leading UK insurer, this is a fantastic opportunity to play a lead role, developing and mentoring junior staff, and deputising for the manager in their absence. You will use your underwriting experience of personal lines, or commercial products, as well as your analytical skills to look at performance data, and made recommendations for change based upon your findings.
Your duties as a lead underwriter will include but not be limited to the following:
* Provide expert technical and analytical underwriting support to achieve performance targets and the Underwriting strategy including supporting the delivery of change within Pricing & Underwriting and across divisions.
* Lead the evaluation of benefits, the presentation of recommendations to key stakeholders and ensure delivery of changes to underwriting rules (including referral rules), rating and footprint across all [Product] channels to deliver key trading performance metrics, whilst ensuring adequate control of risk appetite. Work together with the Underwriting Development team on any future underwriting footprint development opportunities identified.
* Monitor exposure trends in underwriting performance and mix monitoring MI, delivering expert analysis and reviewing potential mitigating actions. Present appropriate reports to relevant trading and risk forums
* Monitor and provide expert analysis on the impact of the underwriting question set and underwriting data sources, including application fraud prevention measures, on key trading and customer metrics. Evaluate benefits, make recommendations and ultimately ensure the successful delivery of changes. Work together with the Underwriting Development team on any future question set, underwriting data and fraud prevention development opportunities identified.
* Provide mentoring, support and coaching to other analysts in the team in order to develop their capability and improve the delivery of the Performance team.
* Liaise with a wide variety of teams in order to shape, own and deliver your team’s priorities, working effectively with the wider Underwriting team, Category teams, wider Pricing and Underwriting teams and other areas.
The Successful Lead Underwriter
I am looking for an experienced general insurance underwriter, who has experience in supervising, and mentoring more junior staff, and who has excellent knowledge of personal lines, and/or commercial lines products.
You will have good technical and analytical skills, and be interested in making the most of data surrounding performance to diversify, and make changes to increase the performance across a range of products.
You must be a first class communicator with the ability to confidently interact with senior stakeholders, and the wider business as you will be working closely with pricing and the technical underwriters.
What's on Offer for the successful Lead Underwriter
Competitive base salary depending on experience, coupled with an excellent benefits package and bonus