An exciting opportunity has arisen for a **Maintenance Supervisor** within the Engineering team of the Leicester production facility. The role of Maintenance Supervisor is to lead the team to address all requirements within the remit of maintenance of production equipment and site facilities and to provide technical and support in order to ensure the production and customer requirements are met.
**Donaldson Filtration** is a Global organisation with over 12,000 employees and $2.3bn turnover. As a market leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of filtration equipment. Donaldson utilise their global presence to deliver a world class customer experience.
The successful candidate will have the ability to plan and organise their and their teams activities in a fast-moving environment, to ensure that customer and production requirements are met in a timely manner.
**Key responsibilities will be to:**
* Coordinate & lead all plant / facility maintenance activities to ensure reliable and uninterrupted manufacturing, including managing in-house maintenance team and outside contractors.
* Develop team, maintain good working relationships and ensure cooperation between all processes. Up-hold rules and adherence to policies and procedures to meet & attain Operations targets.
* Manage risks relating equipment efficiency to minimize potential or actual costs. Proactively address potential risk issues to eliminate liability.
* Plan and coordinate projects from conception to completion to change and improve the business. This includes managing capital requests and budgets, managing contractors, ensuring legal compliance, project reviews.
* Ensure all site works are carried out in compliance with various rules and regulations, including HSE, environmental, waste handling, local authority, utility co issues, etc. to meet relevant legal requirements.
* Assign and direct individuals to work activities and tasks.
* Initiate, lead and support continuous improvement activities and projects within maintenance
* Develop and coach team members knowledge and understanding of DPS and establish & maintain a continuous improvement culture.
You will need to be driven and self-motivated, with strong organisational skills. You will need to build and encourage strong working relationships within the team and across other departments. The successful candidate will also have the ability to encourage and drive a continuous improvement culture, as well as be able to work on their own initiative.
* Technical degree, or qualified through experience in both mechanical & electrical (minimum 5 years)
* Competent in Electrical installations, domestic installer 17th / 18th edition & or other qualification.
* Industrial manufacturing experience, with good understanding of manufacturing processes
* Ability to lead a team, with previous line management experience.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Flexible and adaptable to change, with a continuous improvement mindset
* Ability to challenge the status quo and drive for high performance and efficiency
* MS proficient, as well as knowledge of Solid Works would be advantageous and or other preventative maintenance management tools, for example Piranha, Shire.
* Understanding and awareness of broader business. G. SQDC (Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost), budgetary and financial implications, customer and/or supplier relationship
** If you are interested in this position, please apply online today