Position CAD Technician (Revit essential)
Salary upto £26,000 DOE
We are looking to recruit a CAD Technician experienced with Revit software. This role will be responsible for space planning, producing elevations, sections details & foundation drawings which will be issued within our bid submission/quotations for all rental and standard product sale projects. The successful applicant will join one other pre contract CAD technician in fulfilling this critical role.
Develop and spaceplan building layouts working from a wide variety of sources including client brief/specification, room data sheets, basic sketches etc. using Autodesk Revit.
The successful candidate will assume role as CAD technician working as part of a team to provide pre-tender drawings.
• Develop and spaceplan building layouts working from a wide variety of sources including client brief/specification, room data sheets, basic sketches etc. using Autodesk Revit.
• Manipulate and revise existing pre-configured layouts to suit specific client requirements.
• Revise and adapt architectural layouts to suit Elliott's volumetric modular building systems.
• Prepare plans, elevations, site plans and foundation plans for pre-tender submission.
• Liaise with internal and external clients as required to meet project brief.
• Ensure that Group Standards and Quality standards are complied with.
• Ensure best value in design to meet and increase the profitability of the project.
• Ensure design is compliant with relevant legislation to include Building Regulations, Building Bulletins and Healthcare standards.
Job experience & skills requirements
• Experience and expertise in Offsite construction and more specifically volumetric design
• Excellent working knowledge of Autodesk AutoCAD
• Good working knowledge of Autodesk Revit (essential)
• Good numeracy and computer skills
• Knowledge of Building Regulations & British Standards and how to apply them.
• Knowledge of Education and Health related Regulations / Codes of Practice.
• Good communication/presentation skills
• Working well as a team and on own initiative when necessary
• Capable of meeting deadlines
• High level of drive, energy and initiative, entrepreneurial, resilient, proactive, focused, tenacious and committed, with high standards and achievement orientation
• Good team player
• Good attention to detail
Has proven experience and ability to work effectively with internal and/or external customers