Gibraltar Online Gaming Company - Java Developer - Competitive Salary / Relocation Package
We are seeking a highly skilled Software Engineer to integrate a small agile team of highly motivated professionals dedicated to improve current production software and develop new features using the most adequate design patterns and technologies available in the market. You must be able to integrate a team where its individuals are seeking for challenges on a daily basis, thus pushing them to be top of the notch developers.
You are expected to be able to identify the value and long term benefits of the code standards established and follow them to cope with the underlying requirement of this team: deliver solutions with high code quality standards, highly scalable, easily testable, maintainable and extensible.
You are also expected to be an individual who drives himself out of its comfort zone, daily trying to improve skills and knowledge. You should feel highly uncomfortable when you don’t understand a variable that affects your systems.
You need able to communicate and articulate your ideas clearly, preferably supporting your arguments with diagrams (using the following subset of UML: Class/Object and Sequence diagrams).
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
● Design and develop multi-component software systems, including hardware and infrastructural aspects of design.
● Understand and communicate technical strategy within the team.
● Question other team elements designs and commits.
● Deliver developments with unit test coverage above 75% mark.
● Produce technical approach documentation to form the basis of project implementations.
● Provide, detailed estimates and report on progress.
● Commitment to maintain systems operations 24/7 (both UAT and LIVE environments).
Person Specification, Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
● Experience in Java middleware architectures: ○ MVC ○ J2EE ○ Message-oriented architecture ○ Service-oriented architecture ○ Security ○ Domain-Driven-Design ○ Test-Driven-Design
● Knowledge in architectural patterns and software design patterns.
● Knowledge in the basic Gang-Of-Four patterns is a must.
● Experience with large-scale, highly-concurrent and transactional web-based systems with highly-available and disaster-recovery.
● Experience with DevOps methodology.
● Experience with micro service architecture.
● Experience with distributed and cloud computing.
● Computer Science degree or equivalent required.
● 3 - 5 years’ commercial experience.
● HTML5 ● CSS3 ● JQuery and JQueryUI ● Spring (Core, MVC, Security, Integration) ● Messaging (JMS, ActiveMQ)
● Testing frameworks: JUnit, Mockito – or equivalent
● Logging frameworks: SL4J, Logback, Log4J
● Maven 3
● Jenkins/Hudson experience ● Push technologies experience (WebSockets) ● AngularJS
● knockoutJS ● BootstrapJS ● backboneJS ● Jasmine ● jsTestDriver ● Vertx or NodeJS