Your experience as a Senior Engineer with experience in the design and construction of port and maritime facilities will add considerable value to my client, one of the world’s largest providers of technical and management services. Offering consultancy support to commercial, government and industrial clients across many sectors including defence, nuclear and pharmaceuticals and biotechnology.
You will lead multi-disciplinary project teams to execute and deliver safe technical solutions to agreed standards, on time and within budget, specialising in commercial ports, bulk terminals, naval bases, breakwaters and coastal defences, dredging and reclamation, marine off loading facilities and sea water intakes and outfalls.
Responsibilities for this role will include:
• Lead multi-disciplinary project teams to execute and deliver safe technical solutions to agreed standards, on time and within budget
• Coordinate project resources and plan tasks and will contribute to the company’s business goals
• Be involved in the design and assessment of maritime facilities at naval bases, commercial ports and harbours
• Technical and professional leadership, guidance, support and development of more junior engineers and technicians
• Communicate with clients and other design team members
• Inter discipline and inter office project planning, delivery and financial performance
• Business development activities including preparation of proposals
To be suitable for this role your skills and qualifications will include:
• Chartered Civil or Structural Engineer
• Breadth and depth of experience in civil engineering design and construction
• Experience in design and construction of port and maritime facilities and structures
• Technical design expertise using British and International standards and/or Eurocodes
• Good understanding of structural theory and strong analytical skills with proven problem-solving ability
• Proven ability to manage projects and preparation of project deliverables, including managing risk, quality, budget, programme and resources
• Experience of assessing soil structure interaction
• Experience of foundation design
• Principal Engineer – Ports and Maritime
• £40000 - £60000
Keywords: Engineering, Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, Maritime, Port, Design, Construction, Breakwaters, Project, Lead
This client helps prepare people for new opportunities and challenges and provides the resources to turn great ideas into reality.
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
This role is a permanent position
Electus Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy