Structures Weight Engineer – Aerospace
A Structures Weight Engineer with Aerospace experience is required to work on a twelve-month fixed term contract (with the possibility of extension) for our Defence client based in Preston.
This is a 12-month fixed term contract with a leading UK defence company.
Overview of the Structures Weight Engineer contract role
This role exists to provide structural engineering input, analysis and support to military fast jet airframe design and development programmes. The role is critical to enabling the release of design definitions and/or supporting the manufacture and/or the operation of military fast jet airframe structures, and cover a broad range of Structures engineering skills such as classical structural analysis methods, Finite Element Analysis Methods, airframe qualification, materials qualification support, especially Carbon Fibre Composites, systems installation stress analysis and airframe build/manufacturing support.
Experienced Structures Engineers are required within BAE Systems - Air (Warton) for a variety of roles. The role to be filled cover a broad range of Structures engineering skills covering classical structural analysis methods, Finite Element Analysis Methods, airframe qualification, materials qualification support, especially Carbon Fibre Composites, systems installation stress analysis and airframe build/manufacturing support.
The Key Responsibilities include:
* Plan, estimate and control structures engineering tasks for activities within span of control, performing tasks to cost and on time to meet customer requirements and business needs.
* Ensure the technical content of the work, including deliverables, is acceptable to the customer and utilises the most efficient engineering methods available.
* Ensure all work is compatible with the departmental quality policy and that departmental procedures are followed. Agree with line manager and deploy structures engineering methods, processes and data for activities within span of control
* Ensure effective interactions with customers, suppliers and others, to promote the best interests of the team, department and company.
* Provide efficiency and effectiveness suggestions for the development of structures engineering toolsets and processes within the Structures discipline
Key skills required for the Structures Weight Engineer
* Structural Engineering within Aerospace
* CATIA V5, Hypersizer, Matlab/Simulink skills
* Finite Element Analysis exp
* NASTRAN / PATRAN exp
* Classical structural analysis methods experience would be an advantage
The role is based in Warton, Lancashire - commutable from Blackpool, Preston, Lancaster, Morecambe, Chorley, Leyland, Blackburn, Darwen, Burnley, Skipton, Stockport, Manchester, Warrington, Wigan, Bolton, Bury, Rochdale and Oldham with excellent access from Liverpool.
If you are a Structures Weight Engineer looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other opportunities please contact Mark Ellis on (url removed) or phone (Apply online only).
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country’s largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client’s and candidate’s needs.
Our Manchester office (which covers the whole of the UK) provides a “one-stop shop” to clients and candidates operating in the engineering and manufacturing sectors and, in addition to Engineers, we source and provide temporary/contract and permanent opportunities for IT, Programme Management and Support Professionals (including Procurement / Purchasing / Supply Chain, HR, Finance and Administrative Support).
Please visit our website (url removed)