Your main duties on sales / Purchase Ledger will include:
• Setting up new client / supplier accounts and maintain existing account details within the sales and purchase ledger.
• Producing sales invoices and credit notes were required.
• Running off weekly sales and purchase reports
• Credit control - Chasing up outstanding debts before the client is due to arrive into the UK.
• Work out VAT on supplier invoices
• Pay out money via BACS as well as prepayments to suppliers
• Check and reconcile supplier statements
• File invoices and statements
• Deal with purchase enquiries
• Process staff expenses
• Enter purchase and sales invoices into the TAS accounting system, ensuring they are completed in line with company policies and posted to the relevant nominal code.
• Distribute purchase ledger invoices to the relevant departments for sign off.
• Process the supplier purchase invoices on the TAS system once they have been received from departments. Ensuring they are correctly authorised in line with the AIOT signatory list.
• Prepare supplier invoices for payment by producing the suggested payment report and pay though BACS, in accordance with payment dates
• Liaise with suppliers and managers in respect to invoice queries.
• Reconciliation of supplier statements to supplier purchase ledger accounts.
Your main duties on Cash book will include:
• Entering receipts / prepayments from clients into TAS account system as well as Reservation system onto relevant bookings.
• Entering payments / prepayments to suppliers into TAS.
• Monthly reconciliation of all bank accounts, petty cash and company credit cards.
Your main duties on Bookkeeping will include:
• Purchase supplies and equipment as authorized by management
• Pay supplier invoices in a timely manner
• Pay any debt as it comes due for payment
• Monitor debt levels
• Ensure that receivables are collected promptly prior to clients arrival
• Record cash receipts and make bank deposits
• Conduct periodic reconciliations of all accounts to ensure their accuracy both balance sheet and profit and loss accounts
• Issue financial statements
• Provide information to the external accountant who creates the company’s financial statements and payroll.
• Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
• Maintain the chart of accounts
• Provide clerical and administrative support to management as requested
Key Tasks - Daily basis
• Allocate clients receipts/ prepayments to confirmations and post into TAS – pass the bank receipt notification to the person operating the tour so they can save the paperwork in the file
• Post Sales invoices into TAS and update buying sheets in reservations system with invoice number and selling price
• Post, checked and authorised, purchase invoices into TAS
• Make BACS prepayments / deposits to hotels and other suppliers (twice weekly on Tuesdays and Thursdays)
• Enter supplier prepayments into TAS and enter on relevant buying Excel spread sheets – chase supplier for Vat invoice once the group has departed
• End of week – do supplier payment run and make payments
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
• Relevant knowledge and understanding in a similar role and industry. Preference will be giving to candidates who are currently working in the tourism industry.
• The ability to work effectively in a team environment and to process deadlines.
• Knowledge of a computerised accounting package, such as TAS or similar.
• High attention to detail and an orderly approach to processing.
• Sound working knowledge of MS Windows-based software packages, including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, electronic mail, and the internet.
• Ability to perform several tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism. Able to work under pressure.
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing, in English.
• Must be able to keep client matters strictly confidential.
A competitive annual salary will be offered depended on experience.
To apply for the position of Bookkeeper Click 'apply' to submit your CV
This role is being managed by / Tel: (Apply online only)
Please note that only candidates who meet the shortlisted requirements will be contacted