Our client is one of the UK's leading Utility Companies. Due to recently being awarded a high profile water pipeline project they are looking for an experienced Site Manager to oversee work at ground level.
* Reporting to the Project Manager the role will involve the overall site management of a cross country pipeline project. The route will include open cut cross country along with directional drilling in traffic sensitive areas.
* Liaising with the client and land owners on a regular basis to discuss that that the project is running within agreed time-scales whilst discussing any potential areas of concern
* Working closely with subcontractors and overseeing direct labour; ensuring that correct resources are allocated on the project
* Ensure that the pipeline is constructed in a safe manner as per designs and that they are documented and recorded correctly
* Ensuring that all the correct / required plant and materials are on site
* Ensuring the all pipeline welding and pressure testing is carried out in a safe manner
* Ensure that all risk assessments and method statements are adhered to
* You should have previous management experience on Pipeline projects with a good knowledge of pressure testing and welding
* You should be qualified with SMSTS accreditation
* This role will be heavily focused on client liaison and man-management so excellent communication skills are essential
#utilities #utility #crosscountry #pipeline #water #gas #oil #highpressure #HP #mediumpressure #MP #management #distributionnetwork #deepexcavation #excavation #wayleave #CDM #methodstatement #riskassessment