SLCN TA position
** Supporting Speech and Language
*** Haringey – Wood Green
**** January start
A vibrant Primary School based in Haringey, North London is seeking an experienced Special Needs Teaching Assistant.
The School is highly regarded in the community and was recently graded ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted. The School has exceptional provision for students with learning difficulties and puts huge emphasis on inclusion. The staff team are passionate and receive regular training to provide specialist curriculum to those students with special needs.
The SEN TA role will commence from January 2019 for a full academic year with the opportunity to become permanent for the ideal candidate. The role is focused, one-to-one with a child with Speech and Language Communication Needs (SLCN).
You must be a patient and caring worker, able to reinforce and model positive speech and verbal communication. You will deliver one-to-one intervention to build the child’s speech and language and help boost his attainment levels, with a focus on Reading and Writing.
What the school can offer?
* A place where you will feel valued for your hard work
* Innovative CPD packages because we want to invest in you
* working with a well-behaved student who is keen to learn and progress
* an inclusive school with specialist facilities
This school is looking for:
* SENTA with experience supporting students with Speech and Language difficulties
* Positive, ‘can do’ attitude, someone who is willing to go the extra mile to help students
* Knowledge of PECS or Makaton (preferred)
* Reliable and honest with strong references and track record
* Who can also make learning fun!
For more information about this opportunity, please contact Kiesha @ SANZA Teaching on (Apply online only) or email your CV
‘No terminology in the above advertisement is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. SANZA Teaching Agency is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer and accepts applications from all sections of the community