COMPANY DESCRIPTION, PROFILE AND SCOPE OF ROLE:
Our Client is well established and growing engineering/manufacturing business and a UK leader in their field.
These roles represent an excellent career opportunity for an experienced and dedicated day shift Team Leader with a Powder Coating Background and also a Powder Coater looking for their next career move within a friendly, professional and challenging environment.
These opportunities have arisen due to promotion and further expansion within the business and the creation of a new powder coating plant. The new plant utilises an overhead track system with etch and powder booths along with a box oven. Drying, jigging and waiting areas will be built into the track system to minimise the time between jobs and make it easy for operators to load/unload work.
NB: 39 HR Paid week
Team Leader: £10.50 to £11.50 per hour
Powder Coater: £9.00 to £9.60 per hour
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES COVERING BOTH ROLES:
* Plan and organise daily work lists to achieve the most efficient processes.
* Manage a small team to ensure jobs are painted to the correct specification and ensure due dates are met.
* Plan and communicate overtime working to achieve deadlines as and when necessary.
* Carry out and record quality checks and implement corrective action when necessary.
* Learn/develop understanding of and implement 5S and Lean techniques to improve your skills and develop your team and your department to achieve an efficient and clean and tidy department at all times.
* Assist in the recruitment and training of new team members
* Work in a "hands on" capacity alongside your team providing support and training in best jigging, preparation and painting techniques.
* Provide holiday cover for powder coaters and operators as required.
* Conduct preventative maintenance tasks where training and knowledge allow, in line with company schedules and complete maintenance reports.
* Preparing and jigging small components prior to coating
* Etch priming (wet spray) aluminium parts and extrusions
* Powder coating components
* Controlling the oven process to achieve desired specifications
Carry out and record quality checks on finished work
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
* Skilled powder coater
* Able to set and adjust electrostatic spray equipment to gain the best results and minimise powder waste
* Experience of mixing and applying wet primers and etches.
* Preferably experienced in working with small components and extruded lengths.
* Familiar with the correct use and maintenance of PPE equipment such as masks, respirators etc.
* Highly motivated and reliable team player who can demonstrate attention to detail
* ADDITIONALLY for the Team Leader Role: Currently in a team leader role or keen to progress into a supervisory position and able to demonstrate the core attributes necessary (training will be provided
Benefits: Benefits (Day Shift)