Cost Manager - Responsive repairs.
CV deadline: 12/12 (Email Removed) 1530
We are looking for a Cost Manager with SC who is a qualified and or chartered Quantity Surveyor with a minimum of 5 years recent relevant experience of professional Cost Management services in a demanding customer focussed construction and/or facilities management environment.
The Cost Manager will be a senior member working within a collaborative environment of the multidisciplinary Contract Management Team.
- Lead the Regional Cost Management Team.
- Manage Quantity Surveyor (QS) activities.
- Lead on regional QS issues.
- Lead the regional Cost Team including, line management duties, mentoring and training Cost and other FM staff.
- Foster collaborative working with the IP. Manage Cost and QS Activities (working in partnership with IP):
- Provide cost advice and QS support to FM and other personnel.
- Manage the MOD cost process, including validating IP MPTC and other quotes/estimates.
- Manage final accounting process.
- Provide procurement advice.
- Provide cost estimating services and cost benchmarking activities. Support other DIO personnel in carrying out this function, including where necessary supporting training and the development of estimating tools and databases.
- Provide support to Commercial activities and Contract Performance Measurement and
- Management (working in partnership with IP),supporting contract changes and amendments, including assisting the evaluation, negotiation and agreement processes.
- Support the resolution of commercial disputes, monitoring/measurement of the Contract, development/delivery of contract efficiencies/improvement & the development and submission of agreed Contract Management reports and returns.
- Manage the delivery of strategic and operational plans for the responsive repairs service ensuring that key performance indicator targets are met.
- Manage, organise and control all activities relating to the day to day management, coordination and delivery of emergency, routine and out of hours repairs.
- Ensure the repairs service delivers value for money with work that is carried out on time, to cost and to predefined specification and standards of quality.
- Embed a customer focused approach to all aspects of repairs service.
- Undertake works in accordance with recognised accredited quality systems ensuring that existing accreditations are maintained and new areas are added as appropriate. Provide specialist technical advice to staff and other groups to enable informed decision-making.
- Provide effective leadership, support and motivation to staff in the teams reporting to you, ensuring all staff are recruited, trained, managed, appraised and developed in accordance with internal and statutory procedures in an effective and sensitive manner.
- Assisting in all service related procurement activities relevant to the service. Assist with the service improvement, monitoring and standard setting.
- To work to challenging and improving performance standards to maintain standards of best practice and have overall responsibility for achieving the required key performance targets for the response repairs service.
- Manage the budget for response repairs in accordance with financial regulations.
- Production and presentation of high quality communications (reports, presentations etc.) to staff at all levels.
- Undertake investigations into complaints/ enquiries ensuring they are fully researched, that any action taken and that the response is sent.
- Undertake any other duties consistent with the basic objectives of the post.
As well as the specific experience required above you will have the necessary qualifications, skills & experience of a Cost Manager to take control of this requirement from its inception to its completion.
If you meet the experience required above please apply/contact me ASAP for the full job spec. Thank you
Benefits: Umb/Paye option