Are you a primary teacher with QTS seeking a role as a Year 2 teacher? Do you enjoy the challenge of preparing children for SATs and helping them achieve their full potential?
This primary and nursery school in Sydenham caters for children aged 3-11. They are currently recruiting for a Year 2 teacher. The position is paying an equivalent annual salary of up to £39,006.
The school is a three-form entry primary school in the London Borough of Lewisham with a nursery and ASD Resource Base, an integral part of the school catering for pupils from across the borough with Autism. The Headteacher is building an excellent and inclusive school community where children are proud of their achievements and excel in their learning. Staff want all children to develop a love of learning that remains with them for life. They also want them to develop the values and skills they will need to succeed in and contribute to, the diverse world in which they live. The school has an outstanding reputation for music and sports and children too are given opportunities to develop in the arts. The school aim to recognise the talents in all and cultivate these.
The school is in a great location, easy walking distance from Sydenham and Forest Hill train station. There are also buses to the school and parking facilities available.
The Headteacher is keen to recruit a Year 2 teacher.
The Year 2 teacher must have:
• Full QTS (or equivalent teaching qualifications)
• Experience teaching in year Key Stage 1 (ideally year 2)
• Excellent classroom management skills
• Professionalism, adaptability and a hard-working attitude
• The ability to engage well with colleagues, children and their parents
• Adaptability, creativeness and a willingness to help wherever possible
By joining this school as a Year 2 teacher, they can offer you:
• Dynamic staff who enjoy working together
• Well behaved pupils who are inquisitive and enthusiastic about their learning
• Strong commitment to staff development
• Committed and caring Governing body
• On-going Professional Development
By registering with Tradewind, we can offer you:
• We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
• We care about your training and development more than any other agency – which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That’s 18 more than our next nearest competitor
• Great referral scheme – recommend a friend and earn up to *£100
• Full interview preparation and assistance – so you’re fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
• Help with lesson planning - our support doesn’t stop once we’ve secured you a placement
• Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
• Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
To be successful in applying you must:
• Hold QTS status or equivalent teaching qualifications
• This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks
• Your CV must include full details of Education and work history, any employment breaks must be explained
• You must have the legal right to work in the UK
Click ‘Apply now’ to be considered for this Year 2 teacher opportunity. Or for more information about the role, contact Stuart Lovelock at Tradewind on (Apply online only) /
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer – stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates, clients and employees come first. At Tradewind you will have access to 25 fully certified CPD courses, that’s 18 more than our next nearest competitor, all focused on making you the best you can be. We have the very best people available to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you. Put simply; we listen, we learn, we deliver. Why? Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching Teachers and Support Staff to their dream job, and help Primary, Secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 11 offices in the UK, including: London, the West Midlands, the North West, East Anglia, the North East, the South West, Yorkshire, the Midlands, Herts and Bucks.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer.
No terminology in the above advertisement is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Tradewind Recruitment is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer and accepts applications from all sections of the community