1. Over 12 years of extensive experience in Software Testing and Business Analysis with knowledge of both Manual (Software testing lifecycle) & Automated testing process.
2. 11 years of experience in Banking & Financial Services Domain with Strong Knowledge on Capital markets, Investment Banking and Market Risk. Experience on the life cycle of alternative investments like Private Equity and Hedge Funds.
3. Very good experience of Trading concepts like Order entry (Equity, Options, Stock Options & Fixed income), Order Management System & Trade Settlement Process.
4. Experience of various industry recognized financial applications like Broadridge ADP back office system, Broadridge Aspire, MAXIT Scivantage and Pershing - NETX360, Controlm (Autosys Jobs) & the Advent-Geneva Portfolio account system.
5. Experienced in preparing and executing complex SQL Queries/Data Base testing, ETL testing and Understanding and debugging of PL-SQL stored procedures.
6. Basic knowledge of Excel VBA and Java.
7. Web Automation using Python with Selenium.
8. Experience on advanced UNIX commands (Grep, Awk & Sed scripting) and basics of Shell Scripting. 9. Very good experience in Advanced Excel (Pivot Tables, Vlookup, Complex formulas & basics of Excel Macro).
10. Experience of “HP Quality Centre” (ALM) (Requirement, Test, Defect management & Reporting) and JIRA. 11. Good knowledge on testing life cycle with focus on preparation of Test Strategy, Test planning, test estimations, Identification of Risk and prepare mitigation plans, issue resolutions, setting up of communication model and conducting regular status meetings, Defect triage meetings, tracking project and preparations of Test Summary Reports.
ISTQB (International Software Testing Qualifications Board) Certified test professional (August 2009). ·
NSE (National Stock Exchange) certification in Financial Markets (Dec, 2011). ·
NSE (National Stock Exchange) certification in Equity Derivatives (Dec, 2011). ·
NSE (National Stock Exchange) certification in Options Trading (Jan, 2012).
Operating Systems : Windows 95/98/2k/XP, Mac OS and Unix
Test Automation Tools : Selenium, Quick Test Professional (Basics)
Other Testing tools : Beyond Compare, Autosys (Control-m), ADP back office system, File handling & validation, IP Switch WS_FTP & Ultra edit.
Databases and tools : SQL, PL/SQL, Rapid SQL, SQL Advantage, TOAD, MS SQL Server & Informatica for running workflows & tasks.
Programming Languages : Python for Selenium.Requirement, Test & Defect Mgmt. Tools : Mercury & HP Quality Center (ALM) and JIRA
Reporting Tools : Dashboard in HP Quality Center and the JIRA dashboard
Roles and responsibilities:
Understand the requirements of the business, analyze, translate and document for the development team to understand. Conduct requirement reviews with the project stakeholders.
Responsible for effort estimation for the SIT and UAT phases.
Define test plan/strategy and identify risks related to testing efforts.
Create SIT and UAT test cases based on technical design specifications for E2E system validation and the Business requirement documents respectively.
Create complex SQL queries for full data validation between source & target at all stages of the data flow. Identify and analyze data discrepancies and data quality issues and work to ensure data consistency and integrity.
Ensure issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner. Running Unix/Shell Scripting for loading data.
Testing Batch processes – EOD/BOD Batch and Real-time process.
Responsible for and Involved in Test execution, test management, defect management and status reporting using HP ALM and JIRA tools. Creating Test Data management repository Coordinating with production support team for testing hot fixes.
Managing people by delegating and assigning work. Preparation of daily status report and reporting key issues and risk with project stake holders.